Online Purchases Return & Refund Policy
It may be possible for you to cancel your order before we have dispatched it, please call 01925 240064 if you wish to request an order cancellation.
*Please be aware, we like to dispatch things very quickly so if it is that your items have been dispatched, we will be unable to cancel your order and the returns process and respective charges below will be applied.
Returning Online Products
We hope your happy with every purchase you make with Disability Trading Company in the unfortunate event that you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase:
- You have the right to return your order within 14 calendar days of receiving the goods. After this period, we cannot accept any returns.
- To cancel your order, you must contact us via telephone to notify us of your decision to return contact details below.
- The customer shall be responsible for returning the/ all product (s) to the supplier. Disability Trading Company can possibly at their discretion arrange transportation at an itemised cost which shall be payable by the customer in advance of collection, this includes larger items and kerbside delivery.
- To receive a full refund the product(s) must be returned complete, unused, in an undamaged state and in the original packaging.
- If the product(s) are not returned in their original condition, Disability Trading Company reserves the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s).
- We're happy for you to unpack the item to inspect, However, if you’ve used or installed it, we will only make a partial refund to cover the loss in value of the product. This could be up to 50% of the price of the item.
- If on return of the goods, whether by post, self-delivery, or courier, we find that necessary packaging is missing then we reserve the right to charge a fee to repackage the product(s).
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on product(s) that are Made to Order, have been specially adapted to suit your requirements, or for products that can void Health & Safety regulations if used e.g. incontinence, bathroom or toilet products. A refund can only be given if the product(s) arrives faulty, damaged, or incorrect. For incontinence products a refund can only be granted if you haven't opened the outer packaging/wrapping.
Engineered Collection Policy
Where goods need to be dismantled to enable return, we can arrange to send a mobility Engineer to collect the product from you at a convenient time.
- Should this service be required, please notify us by phone or in writing within 14 days of the product being delivered.
- By ordering this service you agree to pay a cost of £250.00 (payable in advance)
Refund for products purchased online
Once your return is received by us and product (s) have been inspected, refunds will be carried out within 10 days. Refunds will be returned to the customer purchasing card only.
How to send a parcel
Please note that the responsibility and liability of the Goods remains with you until we are in receipt of the Goods. We strongly recommend using a courier that is insured, has a tracking number, and is signed for. It is your responsibility that Goods are not damaged whilst in transit using the transport arranged by you.
Please note that delivery charges will not be refunded.
We reserve the right to have the Goods inspected prior to replacement or refund.
Please follow the below refund steps.
- Call us on 01925 240064 to notify us of your decision to return.
- Pack the item(s) carefully. Please use the original box that the product arrived in along with the original packaging.
- Add a label with the following address: Disability Trading Company, Unit 8 Gatewarth Industrial Estate, Barnard Street, Warrington, WA5 1DD.
- Send the package.
What about defective or faulty items?
Whist we retain confidence in all our products, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control sometimes things can go wrong.
- If it is confirmed that your new product is faulty within 30 days of delivery, you can return it for exchange or refund see section above.
- If it is confirmed that your new product is faulty after 30 days (but within 6 months of purchase) we will offer either a repair or replacement. Please contact customer services.
- If you find a fault after 6 months of owning the product and you can prove the defect was present when we delivered it, we offer the same as stated in point 2 above. Please contact customer services.
- The manufacturers will supply a warranty in addition to your rights under the Sale of Goods Act. Please refer to your owner’s manual for further detail on warranty or contact customer services.
- The customer shall be responsible for returning the/ all product (s) to the supplier. Disability Trading Company can possibly at their discretion arrange transportation at an itemised cost which shall be payable by the customer in advance of collection, this includes larger items and kerbside delivery if the goods are found to be defective on return and inspection any postal costs will be refunded.